HPT372N Re: hpt366 driver oops or panic with HighPoint RocketRAID1520SATA

From: Mitchell Laks
Date: Tue Dec 27 2005 - 02:00:02 EST

Hello,

I recently bought
Highpoint RocketRaid 1520 pci - dual channel - sata cards - chip is HPT372N -
to use as simple block devices for linux software raid purposes. I thought
they were supported on Linux, because of highpoint web site and my previous
experience with highpoint pata controllers was ok.

However I get the same kernel OOPS reported by Johan Palmqvist on Mon Nov 07
2005 with the latest stable kernel 2.6.14.4 .

I also see a posting from Mar 17 2003 by Henning Schroeder reporting success
with the highpoint driver hpt3xx-opensource-v131.tgz.

I tried to compile the hpt3xx-opensource-v2.0.tgz against latest stable
kernel 2.6.14.4. After minor corrections I have failure to compile their
driver due to scsi_cmnd structure "has no member abort_reason". Has their
been a change in scsi subsystem?

Which kernel can I use? Any advice? Sorry to interrupt your amazing work with
my question. I am off list. I will read list but cc is appreciated.

Thanks Gurus!

Mitchell Laks