GPT & Slice Timer

From: Sushant Kumar Mishra
Date: Sun Dec 25 2005 - 23:26:59 EST

Hi,

I have some questions in my mind.The HZ variable declared in
kernel(param.h

HZ=100) makes it fix that we will get 100 timer interrupts to cpu in a
second.

I.e in every 10 ms one timer interrupt.Can u increase HZ value to a
greater

value.As it is HZ=1000 in linux-2.6.Can we go beyond 1000.

Another thing i came across GPT & slice timer support in MPC5200.

In the source code i couldnot make my self confirmed whether they r used
or

not.In the register definitions i saw register defination related to GPT
but not

related to slice timer in mpc5xxx.h Can you please explain me whether
those

timer can be used or not in writing some kernel code.Plz give some
information

regarding those timer related functions.