Re: [Question] LinuxThreads, setuid - Is there user mode hook?

From: Alon Bar-Lev
Date: Sat Dec 24 2005 - 11:18:55 EST

David Wagner wrote:
Sorry, I don't know how to tell. Perhaps you can document your
library as 'not to be used with setuid/setgid programs'? It seems
surprising that a library would create multiple threads without warning
the programmer that such a thing could happen (behind their back).

Hello,

Not every standard plug-in interface provides this ability. So I must use threads behind their back... And I need to deal with this last edge condition of the setuid.

Best Regards,
Alon Bar-Lev.