Re: blatant GPL violation of ext2 and reiserfs filesystem drivers

From: Bryan Henderson
Date: Fri Dec 23 2005 - 17:00:08 EST

>>>Developer replies that the source code will be provided
>>>only to paying customers:
>>

>> Not really. Developer does make the bizarre statement that "paid
>> customers" are entitled to source code, but doesn't say nobody else is.

>> And Developer says at the same time he will make source code available
>> the person who requested it. The problem is that he doesn't actually
do
>> it, and is never heard from again.
>
>Call me crazy but if one requests a copy of the source only to never
>hear from the developer, is that not a direct violation of the GPL? To
>me this sounds like the developer is walking a pretty fine line.

I'll just call you crazy for implying that someone said otherwise.

If you look above, you'll see a statement that the developer said he would
supply source code only to paying customers, and then a contradiction that
says the developer did not say that. It then adds an extra fact to
explain what the developer _really_ did to create the violation.