Re: Linux 2.6.15-rc6

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Wed Dec 21 2005 - 00:37:05 EST

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005, Voluspa wrote:

> Not so in 2.6.15-rc2 to -rc6 (report http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=113498252000221&w=2 )
> Culprit is the following commit that I humbly ask to be removed/rewritten:
>
> 2203d6ed448ff3b777ee6bb614a53e686b483e5b:
>
> Fix ACPI processor power block initialization

I'd love to have it fixed, but quite frankly, if the choice is between a
boot-time lockup and not using ACPI C1 sleep states, I'll take the
non-working sleep states.

The code in question had comments that didn't match what it was doing, and
apparently the ACPI guys couldn't say what was wrong..

But it might make sense to open a bugzilla entry so that it doesn't get
lost.

Linus