Can somebody with flex/bison experience help with genksyms?

From: Robin Holt
Date: Mon Dec 19 2005 - 16:39:35 EST

The following code fails to generate a crc when run through genksyms.

#include <linux/module.h>

struct nodepda_s {
int z1, z2;
}

DEFINE_PER_CPU(struct nodepda_s *, __sn_nodepda);
EXPORT_PER_CPU_SYMBOL(__sn_nodepda);

While the following works:

#include <linux/module.h>

struct nodepda_s {
int z1, z2;
}

typedef struct nodepda_s * nodepda_s_p;

DEFINE_PER_CPU(nodepda_s_p, __sn_nodepda);
EXPORT_PER_CPU_SYMBOL(__sn_nodepda);

This appears to be due to the way STRUCT_KEYW is handled in parse.y as
compared to TYPEOF_KEYW. I know nothing about flex and bison. I am
just trolling for anybody willing to help. I believe the STRUCT_KEYW
handling would need to consume the *, but am not sure how that is
conditionally done.

Thanks,
Robin Holt