reboot from 2.6.15-rc5 wasn't clean

From: Gene Heskett
Date: Mon Dec 19 2005 - 12:27:34 EST

Greetings all;

I just rebooted to 2.6.15-rc6, built with the new 'size' option on, but
had some problems with the reboot process from -rc5. Compiler is
gcc-3.3.3-7.

When I killed X by logging out, I got a loud cacaphonic sound from
artsd, and no keyboard echo could be seen in vt1 when I typed reboot.

And now, rebooted to -rc6, kmail is virtually unusable because the
system feels as if something is hogging it 100% of the cpu time.
Echo's to the composer screen of what I type are 2 or more seconds
being shown on screen too.

But according to kpm, everything looks kosher. Weird. Scheduler is
CK's.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

--
Cheers, Gene
People having trouble with vz bouncing email to me should use this