Re: 2.6.15-rc5-rt2 slowness

From: Steven Rostedt
Date: Fri Dec 16 2005 - 22:50:59 EST

On Fri, 2005-12-16 at 14:58 -0800, john stultz wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-12-16 at 07:32 -0500, Steven Rostedt wrote:
> > I'll look into your oops later (or maybe Ingo has some time), but I've
> > also notice the slowness of 2.6.15-rc5-rt2, and I'm investigating it
> > now.
>
> Hey Steven,
> Do check that the slowness you're seeing isn't related to the
> CONFIG_PARANIOD_GENERIC_TIME option being enabled. It is expected that
> the extra checks made by that config option would slow things down a
> bit.

Hi John,

Thanks for the suggestion, but I've been running my tests with that
turned off. Actually, I've turned off pretty much all debugging, and
added my own logdev device. As mentioned in my previous email, that I
CC you on, I found the culprit.

Seems, the SLOB is not as fast as the SLAB. I'll look more into this
tomorrow. (My wife is taking by daughter out of town for gymnastics, so
I get to stay home and work :-/ )

-- Steve