Re: Linux 2.6.15-rc3

From: Stephen Frost
Date: Tue Nov 29 2005 - 11:48:58 EST

* Linus Torvalds (torvalds@xxxxxxxx) wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Nov 2005, Michael Krufky wrote:
> > In other words, the OOPS is the last thing to show on the screen in text mode,
> > before the console switches into X, using debian sarge's default bootup
> > process.
>
> Ok. Whatever it is, I'm happy it is doing that, since it caused us to see
> the oops quickly. None of _my_ boxes do that, obviously (and I tested on
> x86, x86-64 and ppc64 exactly to get reasonable coverage of what different
> architectures might do - but none of the boxes are debian-based).

I'm pretty curious about it too, none of my debian-based boxes have
'gdb' anywhere in /etc/init.d. The only thing I see is that the shell
script /usr/bin/mozilla-firefox calls gdb when passed '--debugger', or
when the DEBUG environment variable is set... Perhaps he's doing that
during his .xsession?

Thanks,

Stephen