Re: [OT] 1500 days uptime.

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Mon Nov 28 2005 - 17:48:15 EST

Nick Warne wrote:
Hi all,

BrrrrrrrrrrrrBrrrr

That was me blowing my own trumpet again :-)

Re:
http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0407.1/0651.html

Now just hit 1500 days:

-
[nick@486Linux nick]$ last -xf /var/run/utmp runlevel
runlevel (to lvl 3) Sun Oct 14 16:07 - 21:41 (1502+06:34)

utmp begins Sun Oct 14 16:07:40 2001
-

Utterly remarkable - the box gets no maintenance at all.

But it clearly gets a very reliable flavor of electricity...

I would love to know how much data it has delivered, but alas, in 2001 I wasn't up-to-speed with that sort of thing :-)

We got one to 1460 or so, then got BSOD on the controller which switches from the UPS to the diesel when they get up to speed, dropped power on the whole data center (at work).

I ran one at home from the night 1.2.13 was released (or two days after when a patch came out) until the afternoon before Y2K, when I decided I didn't want to have that system to check at midnight. It was an 8MB 386SX-16 named "glacial" for its performance rather than because it was cool ;-) But it did DNS nicely, which was all I could ask.

I think you have the record, though.

Nick

--
-bill davidsen (davidsen@xxxxxxx)