Re: user mounting

From: Bas Westerbaan
Date: Mon Nov 28 2005 - 06:00:23 EST

You can't rate limit a panic.

It would be better to fix the filesytem bugs instead of adding
security measures preventing crashing filesystems to crash the rest of
the kernel.

And to catch every possible crash of filesystem code would be a lot
more work than fixing the filesystems themselves AFAIK.

Regards,

Bas

On 11/27/05, Tim Schmielau <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Nov 2005, Andries.Brouwer@xxxxxx wrote:
>
> > Part of my proposal for a solution lives in kernel space.
> > Introduce a mount flag "user mounted". When it is set,
> > the kernel will not do a printk() for this filesystem,
>
> Rate limiting seems like a better solution to me.
> -

Bas Westerbaan
http://blog.w-nz.com/
GPG Public Keys: http://w-nz.com/keys/bas.westerbaan.asc