Re: capturing oopses

From: Ville Herva
Date: Sun Nov 27 2005 - 09:44:36 EST

On Sun, Nov 27, 2005 at 02:55:41PM +0100, you [Sander] wrote:

> Maybe 'gorc' can help you. I don't have an url, but it is package 'gorc'
> in Debian.
>
> I had little success with a digicam photo of lightgray text on
> not-quite-white paper, even after trying to improve things with gimp,
> but it might work if you have the oops on screen.

Seems promising, but the results are not that great. See

http://v.iki.fi/~vherva/tmp/shot.png
and
http://v.iki.fi/~vherva/tmp/shot.txt

the gray level setting didn't help much.

> Then again, if you have it on screen, you might as well put it on the
> web.

Sometimes you need to ksymoops the dump (for older kernels) or paste some
parts to some program.

In theory, converting a vga text screen capture shouldn't be hard, but in
practise... Well, it's much more beneficial to me to learn to type
passably...

-- v --

v@xxxxxx