PROBLEM: Assertion failed in libata

From: Fridtjof Busse
Date: Sun Nov 27 2005 - 03:58:39 EST

I'm running 2.6.14-rc2 on a Thinkpad T43, using libata.atapi_enabled=1
and ATA_ENABLE_PATA/ATAPI_ENABLE_DMADIR in include/linux/libata.h.
During heavy diskload, I sometimes get a couple of errors (not
reproducable for me yet):

Assertion failed! qc->n_elem >
0,drivers/scsi/libata-core.c,ata_fill_sg,line=2482

Since the reading/writing has problems accessing the file if this
occurs, I guess it is more than just a warning. Since Google didn't
turn anything up, I just wanted to report this.
Please CC me, thanks.

--
Fridtjof Busse