[BUG]: Software compiling occasionlly hangs under 2.6.15-rc1/rc2 and 2.6.15-rc1-mm2

From: Tarkan Erimer
Date: Fri Nov 25 2005 - 06:18:54 EST

Hi,

I'm having some strange software/package compile problem under Gentoo
and kernels with 2.6.15-rc1/rc2 and 2.6.15-rc1-mm2. When I
install/update a package via emerge, I got occasional hangs at compile
time. When this happenned, system continues to work. No error
messages, no interruption. Just the compile process hangs. Killing
this hanged process is impossible. Immediately, it becomes Zombie
process. Also, Reboot and poweroff hangs, too. Just hard
reboot/poweroff solves it. I've never had this problem under 2.6.14
and downwards.
My ver_linux is attached.

PS: I found a way to reproduce this; installing/updating "man-pages"
package under Gentoo always hangs.

Regards.