Re: [OT] 1500 days uptime.

From: Nick Warne
Date: Thu Nov 24 2005 - 17:34:59 EST

On Thursday 24 November 2005 22:32, Norbert van Nobelen wrote:
> great uptime. I have 3 readhat boxes who are now more than 1 year up, but
> bizar enough reset the uptime (command uptime) back to zero and started
> counting over again.

Hi Norbert,

Yes, uptime 'wraps' at about 493 days or something.

use:

last -xf /var/run/utmp runlevel

to get last change to run level (run level at boot, presumably). This was
posted on LKML ages ago where I learnt to use it to get true 'uptime'.

Nick
--
"Person who say it cannot be done should not interrupt person doing it."
-Chinese Proverb