Re: [linux-usb-devel] Re: /dev/sr0 not ready, but working

From: Mark Lord
Date: Thu Nov 24 2005 - 10:03:07 EST

Jeff Garzik wrote:
On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 01:56:39PM -0500, Alan Stern wrote:
..
Or maybe not... Maybe the drive _does_ send those "not ready" messages and the IDE driver ignores them instead of printing them in the system log. Or perhaps those messages are sent by the bus interface controller and not by the drive itself. I just don't know.

The difference is between ide-cd.c and sr.c, most likely.

Agreed. I get hundreds and hundreds of these when simply playing a DVD:

sr0: CDROM not ready. Make sure there is a disc in the drive.

Nothing really wrong here, other than that the kernel is flooding
my syslogs with messages that could really be left to the userspace
application to decide about.

Cheers