Re: Linux 2.6.15-rc2

From: Andreas Ericsson
Date: Thu Nov 24 2005 - 08:06:52 EST

Ed Tomlinson wrote:
Something strange here. After a cg-update, I had no tag for rc2. Checking
showed no problems so I used cg-clone to get another copy of the repository.
Still no rc2.

ed@grover:/usr/src/2.6$ cg-version
cogito-0.16rc2 (73874dddeec2d0a8e5cd343eec762d98314def63)
ed@grover:/usr/src/2.6$ git --version
git version 0.99.9.GIT

cg-clone http://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git 2.6

This happened a while ago to someone else too. Apparently the http transport needs serverside help (git-update-server-info or some such must be run on the remote side).

Unless you're restricted by firewalls and other you could try

git clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git 2.6

which works flawlessly for me although it takes quite some time to transfer all the data.

Linus, HPA: Are the packs cached on kernel.org? It seems to be at least a minute before the transfers start.

--
Andreas Ericsson andreas.ericsson@xxxxxx
OP5 AB www.op5.se