Re: Call for PIIX4 chipset testers

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Tue Oct 25 2005 - 17:00:00 EST

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005, Grant Coady wrote:

> four :o)

Thanks.

Of your four, only "tosh" uses the device resources that we onyl now
parse, and even that one only does it for a legacy region.

But so far at least nobody has reported a machine where it would do the
wrong thing, so we're doing pretty well.

And I guess it would have been surprising if there were a lot of machines
around with PCI resources we didn't know about - the reason it took so
long for us to notice was exactly the fact that it's pretty rare that
anybody uses it outside of the legacy region.

Linus