Re: ipw2200 only works as a module?

From: Alejandro Bonilla Beeche
Date: Sun Oct 23 2005 - 17:20:06 EST

Alistair John Strachan wrote:

On Wednesday 19 October 2005 22:35, Rob Landley wrote:

On Monday 26 September 2005 12:12, Luca wrote:

Keenan Pepper <keenanpepper@xxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:

With CONFIG_IPW2200=y I get:

ipw2200: ipw-2.2-boot.fw load failed: Reason -2
ipw2200: Unable to load firmware: 0xFFFFFFFE

but with CONFIG_IPW2200=m it works fine. If it doesn't work when built
into the kernel, why even give people the option?

I have seen this before with users using FC or RH. They end up increasing the timeout of the hotplug event and then it all works. But then again, it only occurs for what I have seen with FC users. Dunno Why.

.Alejandro