Re: Ktimer / -rt9 (+custom) monotonic_clock going backwards.

From: Steven Rostedt
Date: Thu Oct 20 2005 - 01:20:30 EST

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005, Thomas Gleixner wrote:

> On Wed, 2005-10-19 at 10:59 -0400, Steven Rostedt wrote:
>
> The ktimer code itself calls the timeofday code, which provides the
> monotonic clock. I have no idea what might go wrong.
>
> Is this reproducible ?

Right now I'm compiling for the -rt kernel without my updates, to see if
it is reproducible there. It is reproducible with my customizations. One
thing that my kernel does is take the CPU from all other processes
(including tasklet threads) for long periods of time. I'll see if I can
trigger this with the hackbench of highest priority on -rt, which does the
same thing.

-- Steve