Re: USB-> bluetooth adapter problem

From: Luke Albers
Date: Wed Oct 19 2005 - 19:05:26 EST

I have a 3com USB bluetooth adapter, that worked for me at one time, that I can't get working anymore.

The model is 3CREB96B

Sometimes it isnt even noticed when I plug it in, but after restarting hotplug I get this:

usb 4-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 2
hci_usb_probe: Can't set isoc interface settings
usb 4-1: USB disconnect, address 2

I don't think that I have removed any options from the kernel that should cause this, and other USB devices work fine.

Can someone please explain this message in more detail (google turns up very little)?

I got another one of these adapters, and when I plug the new one in I get:

usb 4-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 2
Bluetooth: HCI USB driver ver 2.8
usbcore: registered new driver hci_usb
hcid[30219]: Bluetooth HCI daemon
hcid[30219]: HCI dev 0 up
hcid[30219]: Starting security manager 0

Then I remove that one and plug in the original and get the old problem:

usb 4-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 3
hcid[30219]: HCI dev 0 registered
usb 4-1: USB disconnect, address 3
hcid[1984]: Can't init device hci0: No such device (19 )
hcid[30219]: HCI dev 0 unregistered

So the old one I was using seems to be a bad device, I just want to ask if there are any other possibilities, other than bad hardware, before I get rid of it.

Thanks