Re: kernel allows loadkeys to be used by any user, allowing forlocal root compromise

From: Krzysztof Halasa
Date: Wed Oct 19 2005 - 17:58:22 EST

Rudolf Polzer <debian-ne@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> That's the only thing that might actually work - an inductive device wrapped
> around the keyboard cable. But I've never seen those available ready to buy.

There are simpler designs - it's just a serial line, right? A simple
"dongle" can send data from the keyboard to a notebook. With luck two
wires would do (using parallel port for sampling data).

Anyway I wouldn't count on people's reaction when they see someone doing
something unusual.
--
Krzysztof Halasa