3c900 boot-time kernel commandline parameters in 2.4.25

From: Karel Kulhavy
Date: Wed Oct 19 2005 - 05:53:12 EST

How do I tell Linux kernel 2.4.25 on boot-time kernel commandline to
switch my eth0
Bus 1, device 3, function 0:
Ethernet controller: 3Com Corporation 3c900 Combo [Boomerang] (rev
0).
IRQ 11.
Master Capable. Latency=32. Min Gnt=3.Max Lat=8.
I/O at 0xc000 [0xc03f].

to TP transceiver and 10/100 autonegotiation?

I looked into Documentation/00-INDEX and into kernel-parameters.txt and
found just

" ether= [HW,NET] Ethernet cards parameters (irq,
base_io_addr, mem_start, mem_end, name.
(mem_start is often overloaded to mean something
different and driver-specific).
"

which neither doesn't answer my question neither point to any
documentation where my question could be answered.

CL<