Re: ImExPS/2 status

From: Robert Hancock
Date: Tue Oct 18 2005 - 22:52:22 EST

James E. Jennison wrote:
Hey everyone...this is my first posting here, and I may not be going about this the right way so please forgive me if I am not. I had a question regarding the status of the code for the ImExPS/2 style mice.

I currently have a Nexxtech NXX200 PS/2 Optical Wheel Mouse, running kernel 2.6.13.4. I noticed that prior to the 2.6.x.x series (whilst in the 2.4.x.x series (I was stubborn)), that my mouse was working fine.

Now, however,if I plug my mouse in, the optical light comes on for perhaps half a second, and the mouse goes dark. The second thing that happens is if you click either button, or move/click the scrollwheel, the cursor will go to the upper right hand corner of the screen to where you only see a small fraction of it. This happens in both console mode and in graphical.

Does this also happen if the mouse is plugged in when powering up the machine? PS/2 devices are not really designed to be hot-plugged.

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
To email, remove "nospam" from hancockr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx