Re: 2.6.14-rc4-rt7

From: Mark Knecht
Date: Mon Oct 17 2005 - 20:50:52 EST

On 10/17/05, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano <nando@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-10-17 at 12:21 -0700, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> > On Mon, 2005-10-17 at 18:05 +0200, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> > > i have released the 2.6.14-rc4-rt7 tree, which can be downloaded from
> > > the usual place:
> > >
> > > http://redhat.com/~mingo/realtime-preempt/
> > >
> > > the biggest change is the merging of "ktimers next step", a'ka the
> > > clockevents framework, from Thomas Gleixner. This is mostly a design
> > > cleanup of the existing timekeeping, timer and HRT codebase. One
> > > user-visible aspect is that the PIT timer is now available as a hres
> > > source too - APIC-less systems will find this useful.
> >
> > Some feedback. It looks like the issues I was having are gone, no weird
> > key repeats or screensaver activations __plus__ no problems so far with
> > spurious warnings from Jack! Woohooo!!! (of course it may be that I
> > start getting them as soon as I press send)
>
> It took some time but I got a couple of instances of keys repeating too
> fast (it happened 3 or 4 times). Regretfully no BUG messages
> in /var/log/messages this time...
>
> -- Fernando

1) I managed to get through the whole day running Jack at 64/2 with no
xruns. A first.

2) I'm not clear about the latency Daniel reported. IS that the logout
problem I'm seeing or something else.

WRT the logout problem - after being logged in for a while the log out
problem doesn't happen. It only happens if I log out relatively soon
after logging in.

Great work Ingo!

- Mark