Re: x86_64: 2.6.14-rc4 swiotlb broken

From: Ravikiran G Thirumalai
Date: Mon Oct 17 2005 - 12:54:00 EST

On Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 05:40:56PM +0200, Andi Kleen wrote:
> On Monday 17 October 2005 17:27, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> > On Mon, 17 Oct 2005, Andi Kleen wrote:
> > Argh. Which one should I pick? The NODE(0) one looks simpler, but is it
> > sufficient for now in practice (with the real one going into 2.6.14+)?
> >
> > Linus
>
> First this problem is definitely not critical. AFAIK it only happens on
> scalex's unreleased machines. Intel NUMA x86 machines are really rare
No they are not. IBM X460s are generally available machines and the bug
affects those boxes. How can there be a major kernel release which is known
to have breakage??

Maybe someone with access to ia64 NUMA boxen can check if the NODE(0)
solution works (and does not break anything) on ia64? Chrisoph, can you help?

Thanks,
Kiran