2.6.14-rc4-mm1 - drivers/serial/jsm/jsm_tty.c: no member named 'flip'

From: Damir Perisa
Date: Mon Oct 17 2005 - 10:21:57 EST

Le Monday 17 October 2005 16:56, vous avez écrit :
|  Please give details of the distro and the compiler version that you
| used.  Are you building the driver as a module?

i'm package maintainer of kernel26mm in archlinux (i686).
the compiler is gcc 4.0.2 with some bugs fixed it had (from
4.0.3-snapshot).

yes, jsm-tty is built as module, as can be seen from output i posted.
the only difference from 2.6.14-rc4-mm1 and the one i compile is the
applied cleanup patch

2614-rc4-mm-sparse-fixes.patch

that was announced on the mailinglist just after the rc4-mm1 release.

if you need the config, it can be found here:

http://cvs.archlinux.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/kernels/kernel26mm/?cvsroot=Extra&only_with_tag=HEAD

i'm willing to apply any patches that would make kernel26mm again compile
all ttys successfully (the last one that did is 2.6.15-rc5-mm1).

thanx + greetings,
Damir

--
I think it's a new feature. Don't tell anyone it was an accident. :-)
-- Larry Wall on s/foo/bar/eieio in