Re: Strange disk corruption with Linux >= 2.6.13

From: Grant Coady
Date: Tue Sep 27 2005 - 07:03:12 EST

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 08:10:39 -0300, Rogério Brito <rbrito@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Hi there. I'm seeing a really strange problem on my system lately and I
>am not really sure that it has anything to do with the kernels.

Probably not, I had a similar problem recently and for a test case
copied a .iso image file then compared it to original (cp + cmp),
turned out to be bad memory, and yes, memtest86 did not find the
problem. Check mobo datasheet if 2+ double-sided memory allowed,
you may need to stay at 1GB to reduce bus loading.

Cheers,
Grant.