Re: [patch] suspend: update warnings

From: Dave Jones
Date: Tue Aug 23 2005 - 20:15:57 EST

On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 06:53:49AM +1000, Nigel Cunningham wrote:

> > > It depends on what you're using. I believe one of the usb root hub
> > > drivers is okay, the others aren't. Similar for cpufreq.
> >
> > If you know a specific cpufreq driver which has problems, I'm all ears.
>
> Here's the report from a user that I'm thinking of:
>
> http://lists.suspend2.net/lurker/message/20050822.140001.6bf4abfe.en.html

Tainted oopses are completely uninteresting to me. I see nothing there
at all to go on to investigate any problem in the centrino driver.
That the cpufreq driver & some binary module doesn't play together nicely
isn't news btw, I've heard reports of both of the common binary 3d drivers
locking up when CPU scaling is used, and there is *nothing* we can do to
fix that. If those drivers are making assumptions that the cpu speed
will remain static, they're broken, and unfixable by us.

We have enough problems getting suspend working for users without
binary junk loaded, so as far as I'm concerned.. CLOSED->NOTABUG.

Dave