Re: select() efficiency / epoll

From: Davy Durham
Date: Tue Aug 23 2005 - 14:50:54 EST

Jari Sundell wrote:

On 8/23/05, Davy Durham <pubaddr2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

However, I'm getting segfaults because some pointers in places are
getting set to low integer values (which didn't used to have those values).

Is it possible that you are overwritting the pointers with file
descriptors, as those would have low integer values?

Yes, that is what I was thinking and is why I mentioned that. But I'm apparently not overwriting the pointers with FDs.. it seems that epoll is the cause at this point (unless I'm misusing the epoll API). I've made some changes to now use select() instead of epoll and things work flawlessly (although it obviously won't work as efficiently when I really connect a lot of clients to this server)