Re: [patch] libata passthrough - return register data from HDIO_*commands

From: Jon Escombe
Date: Fri Aug 19 2005 - 14:33:36 EST

John W. Linville wrote:

On Fri, Aug 19, 2005 at 03:06:27PM -0400, John W. Linville wrote:

On Mon, Aug 15, 2005 at 11:11:02PM +0100, Jon Escombe wrote:

Here is a first attempt at a patch to return register data from the libata passthrough HDIO ioctl handlers, I needed this as the ATA 'unload immediate' command returns the success in the lbal register.

Overall, I like the patch. I trust your assertion that it actually
works... :-)

I have a few comments...

Well, apparently "Jon Escombe <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>" is not a good
address. I got a delivery failur notification email from his mail
server. Hopefully Jon reads the lists... :-)

John

Thanks, will take a look at the comments.

Not sure why the email bounced, but I will give you another email address so you could forward me the notification (if you still have it?)

Regards,
Jon.