Re: [2.6.13-rc6-latest] SCSI disk registration msgs repeat themselves

From: Patrick Mansfield
Date: Tue Aug 16 2005 - 23:40:45 EST

On Tue, Aug 16, 2005 at 11:01:30PM -0400, Chuck Ebbert wrote:
> I just added some usb-storage devices to my system and got the below.
> Why do the first four lines repeat for each device? (Not sure if
> this is a SCSI or USB problem.)

It is in the partition code. I posted twice before about this with no
response.

The changelog said it was a workaround for a borken device, but not what
device it was or any other details.

There is a patch (against 2.6.11) in the below, I haven't tried it with
recent kernels:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-scsi&m=110719123625593&w=2
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-scsi&m=110848617107098&w=2

-- Patrick Mansfield