Re: [RFC - 0/9] Generic timekeeping subsystem (v. B5)

From: Christoph Lameter
Date: Tue Aug 16 2005 - 19:14:55 EST

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005, john stultz wrote:

> This is basically what I do in my patch. I directly apply the NTP
> adjustment to the timesource interval, and periodically increment the
> NTP state machine by the timesource interval when we accumulate it.

Is there some way to tell the NTP code how much the time_interpolator time
deviates from xtime?

If the NTP code would use getnstimeofday or
do_gettimeofday then it would already get interpolated time.

The curious issue in the current arrangement is that the interpolator
knows much more accurately how much time has passed between interrupts
than the timer interrupt but it has no time to make that information
available to the NTP code.