Re: Atyfb questions and issues

From: Jim Ramsay
Date: Mon Aug 15 2005 - 15:51:35 EST

On 8/15/05, yhlu <yhlu.kernel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> last year some time, I have manually the patch from 2.4 to 2.6. my
> patch result is the same as 2.4. It only works when bios doesn't do
> the init. Then if the BIOS do the init, it will hang there. I assume
> something only can be done once.

That is exactly what I did in my proposed patch, attached earlier.

I noticed the same problem.

Does anyone out there know how you can tell if the RageXL chip has
already been initialized?

One test I have that works on my hardware is to test the STAT0
register. If it ends with 0x95, the chip has not been initialized,
otherwise I initialize it.

--
Jim Ramsay
"Me fail English? That's unpossible!"