Re: [Patch] Support UTF-8 scripts

From: Stephen Pollei
Date: Sun Aug 14 2005 - 17:23:23 EST

On 8/14/05, Lee Revell <rlrevell@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I know the alternatives are available. That doesn't make it any less
> idiotic to use non ASCII characters as operators. I think it's a very
> slippery slope. We write code in ASCII, dammit.

Yes you and I might write 99.9% of our code in good'ol **American**
Standard Code for Information Interchange -- however not all the world
is USA. For instance notice the http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umlaut/
in "Löwis"... Seems like lots of Europeans might want a bigger
charset, not to mention Asians, Hindus, and whomever else.

--
http://dmoz.org/profiles/pollei.html
http://sourceforge.net/users/stephen_pollei/