Re: NCQ support NVidia NForce4 (CK804) SATAII

From: Lennart Sorensen
Date: Thu Aug 11 2005 - 12:48:24 EST

On Thu, Aug 11, 2005 at 07:44:49PM +0200, Michael Thonke wrote:
> AMD X2 DualCore?

If you buy me one I will try it. :)

> Yes, Marvell, Silicon Image no problem as they provide OpenSource drivers.
> On a normal setup is nearly everything okay.
>
> I hold up a hardware testlab to find b** *features* the specification
> don't show/hold.

That sounds like it could be complicated work.

> Things that can go scary for production usage - that's my job.

I just want the machines I buy to work. So far they do. I try to check
for support before buying any hardware.

> USB works also great for all chipsets :-)

That I wouldn't be 100% sure about. I remember reading about USB
problems on a few chipsets in the past.

Len Sorensen