Re: irqpoll causing some breakage?

From: Alan Cox
Date: Tue Aug 09 2005 - 11:10:52 EST

On Maw, 2005-08-09 at 01:48 +0100, Daniel Drake wrote:
> After the irqpoll patch has been applied, the mouse does not work (the
> keyboard works fine..!). This is without the irqpoll/irqfixup parameters,
> although adding them does not help either. No errors appear, as far as I can see.

Without the parameters it has exactly zero effect on the operation of
the kernel, the algorithms and the behaviour. So something odd is afoot
if its causing gentoo breakages. Do you see this using a reasonably
trustworthy compiler suite as we've not seen it on Fedora ?

If you do does the box log any stuck IRQ's during boot without the
patch