Why don't register a d_delete function for externfs_dentry_ops in 2.4 kernel?

From: lepton
Date: Tue Aug 09 2005 - 11:07:40 EST

Hi!
I read about code of linux-2.4.31/arch/um/fs/hostfs/externfs.c

I found you have defined a function named exterfs_d_delete, but
you don't register this function in externfs_dentry_ops.

This behavior is diffrent from the hostfs code in 2.6 kernel

It will lead to some strange problem like this:

on guest UML box: ls -l /tmp/nonexist ( the result is "file not
found", it is correct)

IN the directory of host os: touch ..../tmp/nonexist

on guest UML box again: ls -l /tmp/nonexist ( the result keeps "file
not found", a incorrect negative dcache hit)

I don't kown why 2.4 kernel have not fixed it.

What do you think about it?

Thanks