VGER news

From: Matti Aarnio
Date: Tue Aug 09 2005 - 09:12:41 EST

Folks at Dell have donated a new machine to be VGER, and
folks at RedHat have installed it into co-location facility
with 1000Mbps network connection into the machine.

This update got considerable performance increase into the
machine for our list loads. In terms of Bogomips around 7-8,
but for actual loads nearly twice as much.

We did system switchover last weekend, and nobody reacted trulu
adversely. Probably nobody noticed it either. :-)

/Matti Aarnio