Re: Testing RC kernels [KORG]

From: Michael Krufky
Date: Tue Aug 02 2005 - 16:43:23 EST

Sean Bruno wrote:

On Tue, 2005-08-02 at 15:21 -0400, Steven Rostedt wrote:

I've been complaining about this for some time. Kernel.org really needs
to show more information about the rc kernels and how to create them.
We want more testers, but I wonder how many people go through the above
steps and just give up when things don't work. Luckly Sean was nice
enough to email the LKML and ask.

My main gripe is that there's no link to 2.6.12 which is what most of
the other patches go against.

I would be more than willing to whip up an html how-to(and maintain it).
Is there any interest in this?

Sean

That's not the issue... The issue is that there isn't a direct link to download the 2.6.12 source from www.kernel.org homepage... However, the -rc patches need to be applied against 2.6.12, so this should *really* be linked to from the kernel.org website, in a place that is easy to see without too much trouble. (perhaps, directly above, or directly below 2.6.12.x)

--
Michael Krufky