Re: ANNOUNCE: Driver for Rocky 4782E WDT and pls help

From: Alan Cox
Date: Tue Jul 19 2005 - 03:57:53 EST

On Maw, 2005-07-19 at 10:48 -0700, Gyorgy Horvath wrote:
> !!!!!!!! Alan - YOU KNOW SOMETHING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> The system can go without IDE dma for this particular application,
> but it would be better to go with it ...
>
> Are there any known issues about the chipsets down here?
> Concerning IDE's ultra DMA?

There are not, but I've seen various boxes behave the way you describe
with IDE DMA enabled as IDE DMA uses a lot of the PCI bandwidth. Usually
it indicates a hardware bug and as far as ICH errata are concerned I
know of none relevant. You can check however as Intel put most chipset
errata docs on their website.