Re: reiser4 plugins

From: Alan Cox
Date: Thu Jun 23 2005 - 18:46:09 EST

On Iau, 2005-06-23 at 21:49, Michael Dreher wrote:
> My impression: reiser3 is not 100% stable, but quite stable,
> written by someone who asks for "review by benchmark".

Review by uniprocessor benchmark perhaps. However Reiser4 is new code.
The original extfs on Linux was not very good either while ext2 was
excellent. It seems inappropriate to technically review one fs based on
the other. Looking at the authors maintenance record I think is
important but every single star Linux kernel contributors first major
contribution was generally not very good.

Alan