Re: [ltp] Re: IBM HDAPS Someone interested?

From: Eric Piel
Date: Thu Jun 23 2005 - 05:44:24 EST

06/23/2005 09:13 AM, Vojtech Pavlik wrote/a Ãcrit:
On Wed, Jun 22, 2005 at 06:50:59AM -0600, Alejandro Bonilla wrote:

/proc/acpi/ibm/ecdump is really not providing any information about this
sensor. yesterday, I almost broke the laptop to see if it would generate
anything, but it really only outputs ACPI events...

I shaked it, moved it 90deg and still no result, threw the lappy from like
40cm to the bed and nothing was really generated. Unless it is too fast like
to generate it in the watch or to be seen by human eye. I dunno.

It looks like /ecdump won't do it.

But that doesn't mean it's not connected to the embedded controller. It
just means the embedded controller doesn't generate any inertial events
by itself - it may have to be polled with some specific command.

Well, in the changelog of the embedded controller firmware (ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/1uhj07us.txt) there is:
- (New) Support for IBM Hard Disk Active Protection System.

I would conclude that the embedded controller is involved with the HDAPS!

Just my two cents.

Eric