Re: 2.6.12-mm1

From: Brice Goglin
Date: Thu Jun 23 2005 - 05:23:32 EST

Le 23.06.2005 01:34, Rajesh Shah a écrit :
> On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 03:11:11PM +0200, Brice Goglin wrote:
>
>>Dominik Brodowski a écrit :
>>
>>>Did you modify the .config in between?
>>
>>I just checked carrefully which versions do work.
>>It seems that this breakage appeared in rc6-mm1 with the same
>>config than a working rc5-mm2.
>

> Can you revert gregkh-pci-pci-collect-host-bridge-resources-02.patch
> from the broken-out patches for 2.6.12-mm1 and see if the problem
> goes away? If yes, it could be that the ACPI firmware on this
> system is not reporting proper host bridge resources, and all
> downstream device resources get messed up..

You're right. I reverted this one two days ago and got a working
system. Actually, the system had other problems (got an oops when
reading /proc/ioports). But they might be caused by dependencies
between Grekgh's PCI patches that were still applied and and the
one I removed, right ?
Anyway, this fixed my maestro3 divide error and the yenta hang
during boot.

Brice