Re: [SATA] libata-dev queue updated

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Wed Jun 22 2005 - 15:35:13 EST

Mark Lord wrote:
Jeff Garzik wrote:

Greg Stark wrote:

So, uh, where do I get git? Where is your "git repository" and Linus' "git repository" and how do I set that up?

http://lkml.org/lkml/2005/5/26/11

Jeff

Okay, so now I have two separate git repositories,
one for Linus's tree (currently at 2.6.12), and another
that is Jeff's libata-dev bundle of goodies.

But I have no idea whatsoever what to do next.

What I *want*, is the patchset for "passthru",
so that I can apply those patches to 2.6.12 and
then test that kernel.

But it is nowhere even remotely close to possibly perhaps
someday eventually maybe suggestively obvious how to do that.

Boy that's an unparseable sentence, if I ever saw one :)

You can obtain a patch from the 'passthru' branch by doing

git checkout -f passthru
git-diff-tree -p master HEAD > /tmp/patch

or simply by downloading what I just uploaded a few minutes ago,

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/jgarzik/libata/2.6.12-git4-passthru1.patch.bz2