Re: -mm -> 2.6.13 merge status

From: Hans Reiser
Date: Tue Jun 21 2005 - 21:56:54 EST

Andi Kleen wrote:

> Just there are doubts that your
>code follows the Linux coding standards enough to not be a undue
>mainteance burden in mainline.

We get only a few bugfixes from outsiders, and the rest are done by us.
The customers who buy licenses in addition to the GPL from us for
hundreds of thousands of dollars tend to make remarks to the effect of
"we licensed your code for more money in part because it was way easier
to work on than XXX linux filesystem".

I like feedback on our code, and I particularly like feedback from a Mr.
Andi Kleen, but there is no need to tie it to merging. If, however, it
serves as an effective excuse to get some of your time allocated by SuSE
management, sure, go for it.;-)

Hans