Re: git-pull-script on my linus tree fails..

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Tue Jun 21 2005 - 11:02:32 EST

Linus Torvalds wrote:
I guess I can make the "git pull" script do that automatically (some other
scripts do, like "git commit", which also depends on having an up-to-date

Slight tangent... it would be nice if you would write a 2-line git-checkout-script, which provides the modern version of

git-read-tree -m HEAD && git-checkout-cache -q -f -u -a

Note that I do depend on this command blowing away working dir changes, but maybe you would want that to be a separate arg.

Then you could add a "-u" arg, or somesuch, to the situations like git pull that want an up-to-date index.

Jeff