Re: -mm -> 2.6.13 merge status (Suspend-to-disk)

From: Marcelo Tosatti
Date: Tue Jun 21 2005 - 10:09:04 EST

> > execute-in-place
> >
> > Will merge. Have the embedded guys commented on the usefulness of
> > this for execute-out-of-ROM?
>
> Switch roles for a mo and put my Cyclades hat on. Probably not useful to
> us at the moment, at least in the case of the products I work on.
> Marcelo?

Well yes, its definately very useful for embedded folks where RAM is a
precious resource (not our case at the moment).

I'm not aware of any users of this XIP implementation, maybe Tim Bird or
Russell have reviewed/tested it?

It went through filesystem folks reviewing (and I'm pretty sure akpm knows
about that already)...

Hope to be helpful.