Re: Internet RFCs supported by Linux TCP/IP stack

From: Alan Cox
Date: Tue Jun 21 2005 - 05:08:04 EST

On Maw, 2005-06-21 at 06:01, helen monte wrote:
> I posted an updated version of this inquiry with the Mentat list to
> linux-net@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx under the topic "List of Internet RFCs supported
> by Linux TCP/IP implementation?"
> http://groups-beta.google.com/group/mlist.linux.net/browse_frm/thread/9998321cb3ddf940/5012a6cd55e8b17e#5012a6cd55e8b17e

The kernel source has notes on various things supported but not that I
am aware of a neat list (and in my experience people will claim bogus
ones too - eg many vendors claim to fully support RFC1122, which
requires you stack can leap tall buildings in a single bound).

For the higher level stuff like OSPF, BGP you need to look at user space
packages like quagga because they are not implemented by the kernel in
the Linux case but by user space applications.