Re: -mm patch glut

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Mon Jun 20 2005 - 22:31:31 EST

James Morris <jmorris@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Jun 2005, Andrew Morton wrote:
>
> > I'll be looking for things to drop, too - it's getting a bit crazy.
>
> Any reason to keep the Netlink connector code?

Well it does fill a gap: something which presents a higher-level interface
to netlink capabilities. There are several places in the kernel which do
open-coded hand-rolled netlink communications, so regularisation and
consolidation is a good thing there, if it's possible.

But the current connector implementation does that in an unpopular manner,
so we're a bit stuck.